rss
email
twitter
facebook

Amenda Yang

Amenda Yang

Man Charged In Beating Death Of Estranged Wife

Michael Yang Says He Didn't Kill Amenda Yang

POSTED: 10:15 am EDT May 11, 2009

A Lawrence man was charged Monday in the death of his estranged wife after he adamantly denied killing her as he headed into court. Prosecutors filed a formal murder charge against Michael Yang, 53, in the beating death of Amenda Yang, 43 Monday afternoon.Yang told police that he was having lunch with a coworker at the time of his wife's killing, but that alibi did not hold up, according to the probable cause affidavit.

Investigators said they also recovered a watch, coat and tennis shoes that Michael Yang was wearing on the day of the killing that all tested positive for blood.Still, Yang adamantly denied having any part in his wife's death outside court Monday morning."I did not kill my wife. I want people to know that I did not commit that crime," said Yang, who is on suicide watch at the Marion County Jail. "I love my family and I miss my children."Four of Amenda Yang's six children came home from school to find that their mother had been bludgeoned to death at the Lawrence home in the 4300 block of Clinton Street on May 6, prompting a horrifying 911 call from one of the children, between ages 11 and 17."My mom is probably dead. Somebody hit her in the head. She is bleeding all over. Mom, can you hear me? Mom! Mom!" one of the children said."Can you imagine coming home to find your mother laying in a pool of blood in the floor?" said Marion County Chief Deputy Prosecutor David Wyser. "It's absolutely horrifying."Police said the couple were married but had separated last month.Yang is scheduled for an initial hearing on Tuesday. He is a convicted sex offender who served time for attempted rape in 1998. He is being held without bond at the Marion County Jail.

0 comments:

Post a Comment