rss
email
twitter
facebook

Robert Andrews

Robert Andrews


Wife charged with murder in shooting, fire


Dottie Andrews set fire in garage before shooting estranged husband and his dog, police documents say


June 23, 2009

NASHVILLE — Dottie Andrews told a police detective that she shot her estranged husband once with a .25-caliber handgun early Friday morning.

Then, when he continued breathing, she shot him again.

Tuesday afternoon, Brown County Prosecutor Jim Oliver charged the 40-year-old woman with murder, arson and burglary.

She is accused of setting a fire at the Brown County home she once shared with her husband, breaking into the residence and then killing 44-year-old Robert Andrews as he slept.

She then put the man’s dog up on the bed and shot it dead as well.

The accused killer told police she intended to then kill herself, but the gun jammed.

From her bed at Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis, where she is recovering from burns and smoke inhalation, she told Indiana State Police Detective Jeff Deckard she tried to carry the dog from the house, was overcome by the fire and then ran out and called 911.

After the blaze was extinguished, a sheriff’s deputy found her lying in a three-sided chicken coop near the house at 7880 Whispering Pines Drive in northern Brown County.

She had filed for divorce April 7.

She also was granted a restraining order against her husband in May, alleging he had been threatening toward her in the past.

A notebook found inside her red Chevrolet Blazer at the scene of the shooting was open to a page with the following words written on it: “I will see you in hell. The things you have done to me, not only cheating on me, but beating me up and raped me too, you sick freak.”

According to Deckard’s account of interviews with Dottie Andrews, the couple’s 20-year marriage had ended badly.

They had been living apart for more than 18 months.

She told Deckard she drove to the Whispering Pines subdivision about three miles north of Helmsburg last Thursday evening and parked down the road from her former home. She watched her husband grill his dinner and drink beer outside. She waited for an hour after the lights had gone out, then broke a window and entered the residence.

She told Deckard she looked at her husband’s cell phone and discovered that hours earlier he had called “some people he had promised that he wouldn’t communicate with,” according to an affidavit filed in the case. “‘She said this made her furious.”

She went to the garage and set a fire, then returned to the house.

“She said she went into Robert’s bedroom where he was asleep and shot Robert with a .25-caliber handgun,” the affidavit said. “He continued to breathe, and she shot him again.”

Her relatives said she had been living in Indianapolis the past few months with her sister.

They reported that Robert Andrews had been calling and threatening her two or three times a day, in violation of the protective order granted in Brown Circuit Court.

Dottie Andrews remains hospitalized in police custody. Oliver said she will be transported to the Brown County Jail in Nashville and held without bond when she is released.

She was listed in critical condition last Friday. Tuesday, hospital officials would not release information about her condition.

Oliver said she is expected to recover and return to face the charges against her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Threats are threats she ad no reason to take his life she was not living with him any more and his family and friends said she was the aggressor and agree with them. I know dottie and she is a very hateful mean person. She's not God she took roberts life only God has te right to take a life . But the thing about this that really makes me mad is why please naked me understand hoe fair it is that this mean person gets to getout of prison and live her life like nothing happened and poor Robert dose not get to live his life. HOW FAIR IS THAT I DO NOT CALL THIS JUSTICE . she should have got life in prison nasty hateful mean witch

Anonymous said...

You know what you don't know the whole story and if you were in her shoes how do you know that you wouldn't do the same thing you can't sit here and say anything about against any or either side because neither of them were right I'm not saying she was right God said she's my aunt I don't believe in killing anyone either no but I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing 25 years of marriage and he cheats on her and she's been trying to get pregnant the whole time and he ends up getting somebody else pregnant after 25 years so keep your comments that are negative to yourself because you don't know the whole story there's things in here that aren't being said that should have been again I was living with her I apologies she was living at my aunt's house where I was living who I call Mom so f*** you and f*** him for cutting my auntie like brakes while I was pregnant as well so see there's another f****** piece of information you don't f****** know so before you open your mouth make sure you know everything about the situation which that goes for everybody anybody that's f****** reading this suck my f****** dick if you're a cop you can do it too I don't give a f*** who you are charged me with f****** testing I don't care I ain't f****** scared of you or anybody else I f****** hate this s*** pisses me off that she's in there all because of a f****** piece of s*** man I couldn't keep it in his God damn pants that's what's wrong with this world anymore men don't know how to f****** be faithful and women don't either and that's what f**** people up so again f*** you and your f****** too sense got a problem find me I'll give you my address b******

Anonymous said...

Ain't got shit to say huh I loved them both I forgive her won't forget it but fuck this bs talking bc your no better than nobody else or them you don't know what you would have done in that same situation. But that being said when I said that last message I was very very upset and I saw him I miss my aunt I miss them I miss everything about it but you can't change the past Bob's in heaven or how I'm not sure I don't know where we go home without being said Dottie served her time but you really don't know all the information that wasn't provided in court documents or was it brought attention to the judge to really consider that she's now up for parole and honestly I'm going to fight for that parole because you know what that wasn't my aunt that was a demon inside of her that would have been wanting to be released for 25 years so back the f*** off okay if you ain't got nothing nice to say you need to go to church because I'm going to pray for you just like I pray for them and myself and anybody else that needs it and you should really open your Bible before you speak upon that no nobody should kill sound once I and you should really open your Bible before you speak upon that no nobody should kill wanted to take commandment says and I work for work say or try to say God says one thou shall not kill and two thou shall not still and I could continue maybe you should open your Bible I got a nap you can look up and I'll take that'll help you not at this point keep everyone in your mouth shut about it unless you know the whole true story I can cutting my answer like brakes on my car while I was pregnant and I had nothing to do with any of it never said a word about it or anything didn't even go to court to say it I should have but I didn't my bad not telling you my bad just say my bad in general or anybody else for that matter so all y'all in your negative comments need to back the f*** off because this is why people killed himself so much just like you made her feel they both got what they deserved and that's that say something else and we can meet that's not through it that's a promise thank you my name is Ashley woodyard

Anonymous said...

You know okay let's put it out there he tried to write me and that's the man you want to f****** live on the street he should be in prison if you ain't dead well his wife was sleeping next to me I was in the middle so you want to continue to let s*** out cuz I'll let it out b**** come say it to my face like I said Ashley Woodard hit me up 205 Martin road

Post a Comment