rss
email
twitter
facebook

Vicki Hunt


13-Year-Old Boy Left Without Mom After Double Homicide

Ex-Boyfriend Charged With Two Counts Of Murder

September 16, 2004

NEW ALBANY, Ind. -- A 13-year-old boy is without his mother following an early-morning double homicide in southern Indiana Thursday.

Investigators said Vicki Hunt, 38, of New Albany, and 22-year-old DaJuan Clark, of Louisville, both were killed, WLKY NewsChannel 32's Natasha Collins reported.

Police also said Hunt's teenage son was in the house around the time of the crime. The boy somehow escaped and went to a neighbor's house, where police were called to the scene, Collins reported.

It happened at about 3 a.m. at Hunt's home on Hand Avenue in New Albany.

When investigators arrived, they saw a suspect run out of the home, Collins reported. They also found Hunt and Clark dead from multiple stab wounds inside the home.

Not long after, Kerry C. Wilson, 39, reportedly called police and arranged to turn himself in. While authorities wouldn't reveal what Wilson told them, it was apparently enough to charge him with the two homicides and place him in custody.

"The man that fled the house later made contact with police," New Albany Capt. Keith Whitlow said. "We located him. He's now in the Floyd County Jail, charged with two counts of murder."

Neighbors said Wilson and Hunt once were a couple and moved into the home on Hand Avenue in March, Collins reported.

"I didn't think it could happen here," neighbor Ivan Chambers said. "But it could happen anywhere, you know what I'm saying?"

Also:

In Floyd County, attorneys for Kerry Wilson negotiated a plea agreement that called for Wilson to plead guilty to the murders of Vicki Hunt and DaJuan Clark. In exchange for the plea, the prosecutor dismissed the death penalty request and habitual offender charge. At the time of the killings, Wilson was being held at a halfway house pending a revocation of his probation for a previous charge of battering Hunt, a former girlfriend. Wilson escaped from the halfway house and walked five miles to Hunt’s home, where he stabbed Hunt and Clark to death. Hunt’s thirteen-year-old son was in the home but was not injured.


To see post for dear friend DaJuan Clark please click here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved you like a sister and my heart goes out to your family see you in heaven one day

Anonymous said...

To My uncle Juan This IS YOUR NEICE AND I KNOW YOU LOOKING DOWN ON ME AND MY SON DaJuan Keondraii Shakaii Clark is named ryte after you i miss you so much and think about you alot

Hunt boy said...

This is that 13 year old boy. I miss you more and more every day momma I wish you was here to meet your grandson. Love ya rip momma

Anonymous said...

R.I.P VIckie you're sadly missed

Anonymous said...

R.I.P VIckie you're sadly missed

Unknown said...

Vickie was a wonderful person and I think of her big smile.I feel lucky to have known her.I know she is truly one of gods angels

Anonymous said...

Vicki, You are still loved and missed!! After all of these years, I am still sharing your story with others in domestic violence situations and encourage them to leave long before it gets to this point. Give your sweet momma, my daddy and your brother loves from me! I'll see you again someday! Love you!

Post a Comment