Deneisha Watford

Deneisha Watford

Slain Woman's Boyfriend Arrested In Other Attack

Robert Sarver Person Of Interest In Girlfriend's Killing

November 20, 2009

INDIANAPOLIS -- The boyfriend of a woman found strangled to death in her home was arrested Friday in an attack on another woman.

Robert Sarver, 32, voluntarily talked with police Friday about the death of his girlfriend, Deneisha Watford, 28, who was killed sometime Wednesday in her home at 1831 Bauer Road, said Sgt. Paul Thompson.

Police said Sarver is considered a person of interest in the Watford's death, but he was arrested in connection with an attack on a different woman two weeks ago.

Investigators said Sarver choked and beat Tiesha Williams during an argument.

He was preliminarily charged with strangulation, criminal confinement, domestic battery, battery and being a serious violent felon in possession of a firearm in that case.

"We would have had him come in eventually, so he just came in on his own to talk about it but, he has not given us any information in regard to the Watford investigation," Thompson said.

Sarver's mug shot was not released Friday because Thompson said identification by witnesses in Watford's death was still ongoing.

Neighbors told 6News that they saw Watford with a man outside her home shortly before her death.


INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - Metro Police said a 28-year-old woman found dead in her east side home Wednesday night was strangled.

Officers have arrested Deneisha Watford's boyfriend, 32-year-old Robert Sarver, on unrelated charges. He's facing several charges for allegedly choking an ex-girlfriend several weeks ago. She survived.

At first, police didn't think Watson's the death was a homicide, they considered it a death investigation.

In the 911 call, Watford's mother can be heard telling dispatchers, "I just came to pick up my grandbaby and my daughter. I heard she fell inside and I see my grandbaby inside and my daughter's on the floor."

The dispatcher asked Watford's mother if she was able to get inside the house. Watford's mother replied, "Yes, yes! Can you please hurry?"

Police said the fire department was first to arrive at Watford's home. They found her lying on the ground inside and tried to revive her. She was pronounced dead about 30 minutes later.

Neighbors said Watford and her daughter have only lived in the house for a few months.

"We just don't know how to take it in this neighborhood. Everybody's kind of afraid," said neighbor Larry Hampton.

Watford's mother told 24-Hour News 8 she didn't want to say anything until detectives make an arrest in her daughter's killing. Right now, Watford's boyfriend is a person of interest in the investigation.


Post a Comment